Wednesday 7 March 2012



I have created a mood board with images which i think are inspirational for my newspaper, and poster. From headlines, mastheads and images that are arguably used stereotypically for front page news. The reason I chose the use the evening chronicle is because it is a local north east news paper as well as the Sunderland echo, but I also like the composition of the page. (Text, masthead, headlines, advertisements) I like how there is 1/10 of the page (along the bottom) used only for advertisements and a couple of smaller advertisements other places on the front page, this is something i would like to do. I dislike all the colour that is used as i think it is very distracting when trying to concentrate on the news. Although the Sunderland echo is recognised easily with red white and black there are some additional colours used but the colour seems less saturated therefore not as distracting and this works well. the images in the top left corner are of celebrities (Amy Childs & Mark Wright) this is the images that are usually used, less professional and edited, more of 'public journalism' were as anyone can take a picture on their mobile phone or camera and send them into the newspaper. in the top right corner is 'The Sun' this is a national newspaper but I would just like to use it as an example, by the way the layout is chosen, again a big easily recognisable masthead and big enough sell lines/headlines so they can be read from a distance, which will get people interested. Advertisements used and limited colours to set the theme of the newspaper. This is generally what I will try and create with my newspaper and poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment