Wednesday 7 March 2012

 
With this local newspaper I like first of all the masthead used it is large and bold and easily recognisable for a distance, underneath the title in smaller font this the issue date and price which all newspapers have to have displayed clearly,  a feature that will be on my front cover of my newspaper. I also like the thick box across the top half of the page which I would like to use for advertising more adverts than stories, as if my paper was to be published this would what would be on a stereotypical newspaper and it’s also a way to make money within the news industry. Although I dislike the way the image is along the bottom of the paper I would like to have a smaller headline and have the main image in the centre of the page as I feel I would grab the audience’s attention more. Again I dislike all the colour that is used as I feel it is very distracting and it is easier to concentrate on the main feature of the magazine if the paper sticks to set themed colours, this also gives a more professional look to the magazine.  I like the fact that a small section of the right side of the page is used for text and images (sell lines) of what’s inside the paper i think this is a good addition to the front page, as people who may not be interested in the main article may be interested in one of the smaller stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment