Thursday 8 March 2012

The 'Recce'

Are there any potential hazards that could pose as a health and safety risk where your photo shoot will take place?
As I will be taking images for my newspaper front cover outdoors there a number of potential risks that could affect my health and safety. I will be taking pictures on location more than likely in busy places as I want to choose a building or bridge for example that represents the north east. By doing so there will be traffic etc. which I will have to be careful around. 
What will you do to ensure these risks are minimised?
For my poster I will make sure I minimise these risks that could rise by being very careful when walking around on location I will make sure to be careful when around traffic, using road crossings near the bridge etc. depending on what story I feature on my front cover of my newspaper, if it is about and individual or a building i will make sure I am allowed to photograph and enter the buildings I use etc.
Will the time of day/weather affect the outcome of the photos? Have you allowed for this?
For my newspaper advertisement poster I will rely on the weather being dry and quite bright as rain and clouds would darken the image and make it more difficult to take the images. Although I could edit and lighten the images on Photoshop, which will still work but will take more time, therefore I am considered all types of weather. For my newspaper images the advertisement images and extra story images will only be small and mostly indoors therefore the weather won’t be an issue. For my main image I want to have a girl being photographed almost like paparazzi style coming out of a nightclub or similar building but with editing I could use a normal building during the day etc. so dark weather would be an advantage but however I can still get all of my images easily.
Have you considered the background to your photos, particularly if taken outside? How will you ensure you get the background you want?
The only image I will be using which has a relevant background is for my advert poster as i will be talking a sort of a landscape shot of the two bridges and the background will be the sky so whatever the weather is like will suit my image if it is cloudy edited the image will look more interesting and contrast. And if there is sunny weather then my image will be very colourful and bright, portraying a sense of happiness.
Have you considered lighting? What about the ‘problems’ of natural lighting either outside, or streaming through a window? Will you need to use a flash? Have you considered reflective objects that might spoil the effect?
Again all the lighting I will be using for my poster is natural lighting as it will be outside and i have said weather the weather is bright or dull I can take the image and edit it to what i feel is a good standard, I can also change the ISO and other settings of the camera to set the light filter to the correct camera settings. The main image of my newspaper i may need to use a flash as I want the picture to appear to of been taking at night time, but still a flash used to light up the person in the picture. There are no props that will be used in any of my images although if I used buildings etc. for example ‘the glass centre’ may show reflections but that shouldn’t be too distracting from the actual building.
Do you need to book time in a room?
I could use the photography studio at Shiney Row college as some of my images can be look high and low key as I need to gather all my own images for advertisements for the newspaper cover.
Are there other people/crowds likely to be an issue for you? What have you done to ensure that it will not spoil the effect?
More than likely crowds will be an issue for me when shooting pictures for my newspaper front cover and poster as i want to get well known and maybe even famous buildings but this may hard if there in the town centre as di need to take my images during the daylight when these places will be at their busiest. To ensure I won’t spoil this effect I can add the people to the pictures as it is news related images that involves people of the north east
Or I can simply wait for a chance to get a clear picture which will be less time effective.
Are you reliant on lifts/props/friends/equipment/models? How have you planned that these things will come together at the appointed time? Plan B?
As I have chosen to create the newspaper, advert poster and radio advert I only need to rely on myself to get the work done, I don’t need any props or equipment only a camera which I own and can use at any time. The only thing I need is one model and as I am working in a group with one more person there is no problem when taking the pictures. I don’t really need a plan B as I have considered everything that could be risks or would prevent me from getting on with creating my newspaper like weather etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment