Wednesday 7 March 2012

Sunderland Echo Deconstruction


First of all I like the framing of this newspaper and I will like to use a similar layout with the masthead in the same position as this one, then with the layout nearly the same as this one with the dates and advertisements etc below the title. Although there is only a small image used i want to have my main picture taking up more space in my main section of my front cover. The colours used are
conventional as they stick to minimum colour not to distract the audience, but is still attractive to the public. I want to have the same sort of composition of this newspaper it is simple yet effective. The image that is used on this front cover is very strong and the meaning can change from each reader, although it is effective whilst getting the audience’s attention as the tubes etc that are in the image raises questions and the reader looks deeper into the image trying to find more clues to the meaning of the picture, until the buy the newspaper and read the article. I want to have a strong image like this, rather than one that the audience will overlook. I think have the small articles down the right side of the page is a good convention to use as it appeals to a bigger audience. For example if someone wasn’t interested in the main story they may see another featured story in the newspaper or an advertisement they want to read about and buy the newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment