Wednesday 7 March 2012

The Gazette Deconstruction

The reason I chose to use The Gazette as one of my deconstruction is, obviously it’s a local North East newspaper but I wanted to compare the good and bad sections of this newspaper to my newspaper ideas as I defiantly want to use the same layout and composition of this front cover. Underneath the masthead the box that is used for advertisements I think is a good contribution to the front cover as it lends colour within the cover, also it fills up the page rather than having too much text. Again I like the composition of the top of the page with the masthead, price and date very close together with the advertisements although I would even out the sections by having the title(masthead) the same length and width of the advertisement section. This front cover image is effective I think as it is heavily outlined by sell-lines and the headlines. Arguably the colour seems saturated but obviously as it seems to be a good quality images, makes the audience wonder why? is it to blend in with the rest of the dulled colour scheme.  Again like the Journal and the Sunderland Echo I feel my newspaper front cover would benefit from having smaller stories (feature stories) as it would open the target audience and appeal to more people.
Second page
This is a slightly different second page in comparrison to the other local newspapers I used for deconstructions as it has less advertisements in weather etc. Although it still leaves a small section for advertiseing houses for rent-sale, this gives reassurance of reality to readers(audience) that cant relate to the local stories. In the Bottom right corner there's a 'twitter logo' this showing that we can follow this newspaper and new news updates online, also this may be one of the papers advertisments as it gives recognision to the social networking site. Arguably by showing this twitter logo it could suggest a younger target audience for the Gazette newspaper, as it is a interactive website using the web 2.0 which is used more by a younger audience (30-)
More conventional the middle section of the page with the one main image for the first story not being too crowded with images as there always seems to be a lot of text on the first page. The idea I get from this first and second page is to use a similar compostion and layout as he top half of the front cover and use the same story and advertisment settings as the second page.

No comments:

Post a Comment